This is the first of a four-part series on coaching, business coaching to be exact. However, before discussing the results from having a business professional on call and working with you, I thought back to my experience in sports.
Although not a big fan of tennis or golf, I am reminded of this while watching both on TV. How often does the camera scan the stands for the player’s coach and the discussion is about how they have impacted their champion students. The same can be said for watching a golf tournament and the impact of their coaches on swing mechanics or their short game. I find it intriguing these are individuals at the pinnacle of their game and yet pay large sums of money for advice. A professional sports coach focuses on technique, nutrition, injury prevention, and communication.
There is nothing different about business coaching. A quality coach starts with diagnosing the health of the business and which techniques are working. Based on that assessment they advise on improving both while preventing major threats. Finally, there is a commitment to talk and work collaboratively on a scheduled basis. What starts as solutions become with practice a habit.
The team at GreenMark provides 3 levels of coaching using the same process.
We work with our clients to determine the current state of the business by reviewing its ability to deliver landscape projects as promised during the sales process; how it manages the workforce to maximize performance; how it markets and sells to increase revenue with higher margin customers; helping the owner move from being a higher priced worker to an executive.
Here are some the services we have provided over the last year:
- Helpeda landscape company re-brand – a new name, a new website, and a new marketing approach using social media
- Helpeda landscape company build processes and procedures to increase quality and margins per job
- Helpeda landscape company owner move from managing everything to building a management team that allowed him to focus on the future
- Helpedseveral landscape companies with their recruiting processes to bring in better people and then keep them
- Helpedinstall several software platforms (LMN, Insightly, FIBO, ZOHO) to improve management of the sales and production process while increasing productivity without adding personnel
These are great and challenging times to be in landscaping. With a forecasted growth in the US economy of between 4 to 5% growth and a labor shortage, there is a lot of money on the table. Make sure you leave none of it behind.
For more information, contact a member of the GreenMark Team @833RUGREEN or visit GreenMark Group Coaching