Tease the season everyone! So with the new business year right around the corner business owners and business entrepreneurs start looking forward to the new year with a sense of renewed enthusiasm. It’s seen as an opportunity to reboot goals and objectives as well and an opportunity to turn past challenges into present an future opportunities. To make sure your optimism and enthusiasm is well-placed, starting your year with a solid plan will help keep you be focused, remain on track, and moving in the right direction.
Optimism for business owners is a handy quality to possess and most do. It’s what typically keeps us grounded despite obstacles, challenges, and setbacks that threaten to temper our passion or slow us down.
‘Year-end reality. Although some business owners would prefer not to bring reality into the equation, the most solid, successful plans are those anchored in truth’ It is said that John L. Beckley founder of The Economics Press Inc. said,“People don’t plan to fail—they fail to plan.”
6- Basic steps for new year success.
- Celebrate your ‘TEAM’, enjoy the season.-You must thank the people who keep your business running smoothly all year long. Bonus or no bonus, even if you don’t have money in your budget for a company party or an employee gift, simply order lunch for TEAM to enjoy and stand in front of them and say a heartfelt ‘thank you’
- Say “Thank You” to Customers- Go above and beyond the typical email that has the words “thank you” in it and find a heartfelt way to tell your customers that you appreciate them. Consider offering a loyal customer discount, a call to action coupon or simply a giveaway to show appreciation. You may even want to ask for their feedback to improve your brand by using a customer satisfaction survey.
- Revisit Your Mission- Most business owners start with a big dream and a lot of energy behind it. It’s with this level of passion your business will be attractive to its consumers. Spend a little time revisiting the “why” of your business. How has it changed? How is it the same? Most importantly, how will you focus on it in the coming year? Revise accordingly your company vision-statement.
- Get organized; don’t wait, I mean hesitate! Before you know it the snow will be falling and then the crocus will be blooming. A well-organized company runs far better than a chaotic one. Organization internally and externally will mean more productivity and time for you and your TEAM to focus on your customers and your services. Clean your personal work station and get rid of anything that may be hindering your productivity. Do the same for your entire office, and your overall facility.
- Set Goals for 2016-Don’t drag your feet. If there is something you KNOW you want to accomplish next year then write it down now, and start taking action. Empower your TEAM to be involved by asking them to give you 3-areas in need of improvement. Year-end is a great time to achieve two critical goals
- Planning the course you want to follow for business improvement, culture, systems & processes, finances, sales & marketing, internal and external operational performance.
- Set the course for the next year with the right strategic plans for each facet of business improvement, get buy-in from your TEAM, on-board and engage, and set who’s responsible for what and how they will be held accountable.
- Freshen up Your Business- Take a look at your overall business, it’s a great time to review your contracts, freshen-up your website and brand collateral, review your sales and marketing strategies or campaign, tighten up your systems, processes, policies and procedures and as you know the list goes on…and maybe on…
Are you a landscape company looking to Think Clearly, Act Boldly, Achieve Calmly in 2016? If so; contact us www.greenmarkgroup.com to take our on-line End-of-Year landscape Business Assessment. After you complete the Assessment we will review with you at no-obligation!
About the author; Steven Cohen is a highly motivated landscape industry entrepreneur & Chief Innovation Officer at GreenMark Consulting Group; a Landscape-Snow Industry Business-Consulting/Advisory firm that specializes in helping small-medium sized growth oriented companies grow from under one million dollars to over five million dollars. You can reach Steven Cohen by phone at 610.905.3637. Email Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.greenmarkgroup.com to learn more about our services.
Like to follow Steven, please do! Join our Landscape Business Success guide tips at http://www.greenmarkgroup.com/resources/